The Membership Award is presented to all Explorer Scouts during their investiture into the Unit. To be awarded the badge, an Explorer Scout should demonstrate the following:
- Describe the various ways you can become an Explorer Scout in your area
- Show that you understand the Scout Promise and Scout Law
- Demonstrate an understanding of local, national, and international Scouting
- Discuss with your Explorer Scout Leader the Unit management structure and support including the Unit Constitution
- Make the Scout Promise and accept the Scout Law
Where applicable, badge requirements may be adapted or altered according to the abilities of a young person. Scout Association rules for adjustment can be found in the Policy and Approach article at the Scout Association website.