The Chief Scout’s Platinum Award is one of the top awards that can be attained by an Explorer Scout. To complete the Chief Scout’s Platinum Award, you must complete the following:
- Be a member of Explorer Scouts for at least six months
- Complete at least six nights away as an Explorer Scout of which four must be camping
- Complete two activities from the International, Community, and Values list from different areas
- Hold the Bronze Duke of Edinburgh Award or complete the four Chief Scout’s Platinum Award challenges.
Members must undertake an additional three months in any skill physical recreation, or community service challenge. The International, Community, and Values list can be found on the Scouts website.
Chief Scout’s Platinum Award Challenges
If you do not hold the Bronze Duke of Edinburgh Award and wish to complete the Chief Scout’s Platinum Award Challenges instead, the challenges are as follows:
- Take up a skill for at least three months and show progress and lasting interest in the skill
- Take up a physical activity for at least three months and complete a programme of taking part and achievement
- Provide a service to an individual or the community for three months such as helping another section as a Young Leader
- Complete a two-day and one-night expedition in the rural country by foot, cycle, horse, canoe, boat, or dinghy involving careful preparation, training, responsibility, and review